PGY2 General Surgery Categorical Residency Position
The HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME Programs: Brandon Regional Hospital General Surgery Program is currently accepting applications for a PGY2 categorical position. All applicants must have successfully completed their PGY1 year in good standing from an ACGME-accredited surgery program.
Under the supervision of attending physicians, responsibilities include patient care activities within the scope of their clinical privileges commensurate with the level of training, attendance at clinical rounds and seminars, timely completion of medical records, and other responsibilities as assigned or as required of all members of the medical staff.
The resident will adhere to all requirements as defined by the accrediting body of the program (ACGME, AOA, or CPME) and all hospital requirements pertaining to a resident within the hospital. The resident will remain in compliance with specialty specific milestones per level of training
• Established and increasing knowledge base while incorporating clinical, social-behavioral, biomedical, and epidemiological sciences as well as applying this knowledge to patient care.
• Provide patient care that is compassionate and efficient while considering promotion of health and treatment.
• Demonstrate the ability to exercise life-long learning with the desire to research and assimilate evidence to foster continued patient care initiatives.
• Exercise effective interpersonal and communication skills that impart clear delivery of care and information in collaboration with patients, their families, health professionals, and other physicians.
• Establish commitment to the practice of medicine with the highest professional and ethical standards.
• Attention to and application of the larger context and system of health care, as well as the ability to engage in other resources to provide the highest standard of care.
• Participate in the education of patients, families, students, residents, and other health professionals.
How To Apply
Please submit the following as 1 PDF file to the program coordinator:
• Milestones from PGY1 CCC Evaluations
• USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CS, Step 2CK, and Step 3 (if completed), or COMLEX Level 1, Level 2 CE, Level 2 PE, and Level 3 (if completed).
• Previous ABSITE scores
• Medical School Transcript
• ACGME Case Logs
• ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
• At least 3 Letters of Recommendation
Applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please submit applications to email@example.com.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings