Thoracic Surgery Residency Position, PGY6
OCTOBER 2019—The Thoracic Residency Program, at The University of California, San Francisco, in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, has one (1) ACGME accredited resident position at the PGY6 level scheduled to start August 1st, 2020. All applicants must have successfully completed five years of ACGME general surgery residency training and be in good standing.
NOTE: In view of the current time-line for obtaining a Visa, we are unable to sponsor a Visa for these positions.
• Successfully completed FIVE years of US clinical experience in an ACGME accredited general surgery residency training program and be in good standing.
• Foreign Medical Graduates must have a valid:
o ECFMG certificate (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
o PTAL (Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter) – Medical Board of CA
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials in a SINGLE PDF with their contact information via email to:
Please name the single PDF file as follows: LastName_FirstName_2019PGY6
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Brief Personal Statement
3. Medical School Diploma and Transcript
4. Dean's Letter
5. USMLE Parts I, II, III scores
6. ABSITE scores and reports for ALL years completed
7. Three (3) current Letters of Recommendation. Prior to any final decision to offer a position, a letter from the current Program Director will be required.
8. Competency-Based Evaluations for ALL completed rotations
9. Current ACGME case log, including the “Defined Category” Operative Report
10. ACLS and ATLS certification
ONLY complete applications (all items noted above received) will be considered and reviewed.
Applicants considered competitive for the position will be invited for an interview with Faculty, Program Director, Associate Program Directors, Chair and Residents.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings