Physician – Wound Care
Wound Care Specialists (WCS) is a locally owned, industry leading physician and nurse practitioner practice group providing specialized wound care management to over 100 post-acute and long-term care facilities across Connecticut and Massachusetts. Our providers conduct weekly bedside consultations in skilled nursing facilities with superior clinical outcomes, exceptional healing rates, and significantly reduced wound related complications and hospitalizations. We currently have openings supporting Hartford County, New Haven County, New London County, and Fairfield County, CT.
A full-time wound physician with WCS is required to work in tandem with the designated wound nurse from the facility, with a focus on customer service, approachability and teamwork. An average weekly caseload for a fully trained and oriented full-time physician is 150 patient encounters with approximately 12 client facilities serviced in a week within a small local foot print. Our goal is for our providers to meet the facility needs while having a personal work/life balance which this profession doesn’t always allow for.
- Participate in weekly bedside wound rounds with facility nursing staff
- Change dressings and perform debridement as deemed necessary
- Establish plan of care until subsequent visit
- Provide occasional in-servicing on wound care topics for facility staff
- Work within facility protocols and formulary
- No required years of experience needed! Whether you are in your residency or are looking for a change 30 years into your career.
- No wound care certification required as we will pay to get you certified in training
- Medical License to practice in the state of CT required; willing to consider applicants interested in obtaining their CT license.
As a member of WCS, you’ll enjoy health benefits and a compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary with uncapped earning potential, plus the benefits of:
- No call, night or weekend coverage necessary. Traditional 40-hour work week within regular business hours.
- Greater flexibility and autonomy – a healthy work-life balance work without compromising compensation. We offer a compensation plan with uncapped earning potential.
- Practice model that promotes improved patient outcomes and reduced preventable readmissions.
-Company culture dedicated to healthcare quality, process improvement, support and open communication.
- Working with some of the highest quality-driven providers in wound care.
- Detailed, physician-led orientation and training.
- Administrative support that allows you to keep your focus where it counts - practicing wound care.
- Wound specific ERH system.
- Reprieve from being confined to an office all day.
How To Apply
If you have a passion for patient care and are comfortable making sound decisions with patient care, Wound Care Specialists may just be that career move you are seeking! Don't miss out on joining our dynamic physician-led team!
Please submit a resume for our immediately review or visit our website at www.wcspecialists.com and apply there!
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings