PGY-4 General Surgery Categorical Resident
NYU-Winthrop Hospital is a newly ACGME accredited General Surgery program. We look forward to starting this new program and are seeking to fill PGY-4 General Surgery positions with a starting date of July 1, 2019. All qualified applicants must have successfully completed three (3) years of clinical surgery in no more than two (2) ACGME-accredited general surgery programs and must have completed their PGY-3 year by June 2019.
How To Apply
1) Current CV including a photograph.
2) Three (3) letters of recommendation:
a. One letter from the current or most recent program director.
b. For residents involved in a residency program, the program director must give the resident permission to interview for the position.
3) Milestones evaluations.
4) ABSITE scores for each year involved in a surgical residency program.
5) ACGME Defined Category Report.
6) List of completed rotations for each year of training.
7) USMLE or COMLEX Scores:
a. Step 1 – 3 scores.
b. Must have passed each on the 1st attempt.
c. Step 1 minimum = 210 for USMLE, 600 for COMLEX.
d. Step 2 minimum = 220.
8) Medical School Diploma.
9) Medical School transcript:
a. Must have graduated from medical school no earlier than 2014.
b. Must not have repeated any year of medical school.
10) MSPE (Medical School Performance Evaluation).
11) For foreign applicants:
a. A copy of the ECFMG certification.
b. Evidence of a current and valid English qualifying examination.
c. A J-1 visa. (the institution does not sponsor H-1B visa candidates).
12) Letter describing the reason you wish to join our program.
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings