The Inova Surgical Critical Care Fellowship is a 12-month program designed to prepare fellows for the advanced levels of performance expected of a board-certified subspecialist. We offer clinical experience in surgical critical care service (SCCS) , cardiovascular ICU (CVICU) , Pediatric ICU (PICU), trauma/acute care surgery service, an elective (optional), and 4 weeks of paid time off.
Located on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus in Northern Virginia, a few miles from the nation's capital in Washington, DC, the program offers the diverse, real-world educational and clinical experience required by a well-rounded clinician. Critical Care at IFH is managed by several services. All patients in a CCU at IFH are required to have intensivist coverage, either through consultation or primary management. The Surgical Critical Care Service provides critical care for all critically ill trauma and general surgery patients admitted to the Trauma Service, and upon request for other surgical patients when consulted (such as general, vascular, thoracic, transplant, plastic surgery, maxillofacial, obstetrical, and gynecological patients).
How To Apply
To apply, submit the following:
2. (3) letters of recommendation written by supervising physicians with whom the applicant has worked. (standardized form letters included in the SAFAS website are accepted, but are not sufficient and do not count toward this requirement)
3. Personal statement of approximately one page, detailing your reasons for pursuing a Surgical Critical Care fellowship
4. Written verification by your residency program director that you have graduated from a general surgery residency that is accredited by the ACGME, or will graduate from such a program by June 30 of the year in which fellowship begins. This statement may be included within a letter of recommendation by the program director. The fellowship begins on August 1.
5. Results of standardized tests: All in-service examinations (USMLE, NBME, Flex, or equivalent)
6. ECFMG certificate (for international graduates)
**Preferred candidates should have graduated within the last 5 years
Apply Now↑ Return to Listings