Chair – Gerard Doherty, MD
University of Michigan
- Karen Deveney, M.D., Oregon Health & Science University
- Douglas Dorner, M.D., Iowa Health – Des Moines
- David Reines, M.D., Inov. Fairfax
- Karen Borman, M.D., MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Terrance Liu, M.D., UCSF – East Bay Surgery Program
- John Potts, M.D., University of Texas-Houston Medical Center
Charge to the Curriculum Committee
- Develop a comprehensive set of goals and objectives to cover the educational aspects of the primary components of surgery.
- The curriculum must be exportable to both large and small residency programs. It must be affordable.
- Develop explicit tools and methods to comply with ACGME competencies.
- The Chairman should make an attempt to incorporate members from university, hybrid, and community programs.
- Develop metrics and measurements that support the collection, evaluation and reporting of data that measures and defines competence among graduate surgical programs.
- Collect and report data on the resident experience.
- Monitor and evaluate the number of citations given to graduate surgical programs and evaluate opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor the accreditation cycles for member programs.